Recreation Grants for Nonprofits
Recreation Grants for Nonprofits in the United States
Are you interested in finding recreation grants for nonprofits in the United States? Then you’ve come to the right place! This list includes grants available for organizations in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Vermont, Texas and other counties/states across the United States.
Start your 14-day free trial of Instrumentl to save these grants and to get more personalized grant recommendations for your 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Under the visionary leadership of founder Johnny Morris, Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s is leading North America’s largest conservation movement. Together with our partners in conservation, we’re positively shaping the future of the outdoors through donations, grant-making and advocacy.
- Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s – As the premier outdoor and conservation company Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s supports initiatives inspiring everyone to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors.
- The Outdoor Fund – The 501c3 Outdoor Fund raises funds to support conservation efforts by activating more than 200 million passionate sportsmen and women rounding up their purchases in Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s stores.
- Conservation Foundation – A national not-for-profit, the Conservation Foundation convenes and mobilizes leading conservationists, organizations and industry partners to shape the future of conservation.
Cabela's Donation/Sponsorship Request Guidelines
Cabela's is proud to partner with local and national organizations in support of our mission to inspire everyone to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors.
Our community giving priorities align with our mission and focus on projects that make a difference in conserving the outdoors and inspiring the next generation of conservation stewards. Our giving supports:
- Conserving fish and wildlife: Initiatives that ensure the health of our precious fish and wildlife resources including habitat improvement and restoration, water quality and species health.
- Introducing new audiences to the outdoors: Programs that foster passion in the next generation including youth and family outdoor adventures, outdoor skills training and multicultural outreach.
- Protecting our hunting and fishing heritage: Projects that protect our hunting and fishing heritage including second amendment rights, outdoor recreational access and conservation advocacy.
- Military and veterans: Initiatives that care for our military and veterans in honor of their service to our country and our freedom, particularly programs that help military and veterans enjoy the outdoors.
Bass Pro Shops' Focus Areas
Thank you for your interest in Bass Pro Shops' giving programs. Bass Pro Shops is proud to partner with local and national organizations in support of our mission to inspire people to enjoy, love and conserve the great outdoors. In the past five years alone, Bass Pro Shops has donated more than $100 million to conservation, community and outdoor education programs.
Bass Pro Shops is committed to our role as a conservation leader. We believe in protecting our natural resources, our rights, and in inspiring people to conserve the Great Outdoors. We support conservation and community efforts in three main areas:
Conserving Wildlife and Habitat – Bass Pro Shops funds initiatives that ensure the health of our precious fish & wildlife resources for generations to come. This includes projects and events that support:
- Species Health through the North American Model of Conservation
- Habitat Improvement and Restoration
- Water Quality
Connecting New Audiences to the Outdoors – Bass Pro Shops funds initiatives that introduce new audiences to the outdoors and foster future generations of stewards. This includes projects and events that support:
- Youth and Family Outdoor Adventures
- Outdoor Skills Training
- Multicultural Outreach
Access and Advocacy – Bass Pro Shops fund initiatives that protect our hunting and fishing heritage. This includes projects and events that support:
- 2nd Amendment Rights
- Outdoor Recreation Access Issues
- Conservation Leadership & Advocacy
Military and Veterans Initiatives – Bass Pro Shops funds initiatives that care for our men and women in uniform, giving preference to activities that connect veterans to the outdoors.
Creating Healthy & Active Lifestyles and Communities (Missouri Ozarks Only) – As one of the largest employers in the Missouri Ozarks, Bass Pro Shops invests in initiatives that ensure the Missouri Ozarks remains a thriving community. This includes projects and events that support:
- Health and Wellness
- Economic Development and Poverty Reduction Initiatives
- Arts and Quality of Life
Outdoor Gear Exchange
The Outdoor Gear Exchange Charitable Grant Fund
The Outdoor Gear Exchange Charitable Grant Fund's mission is to enhance outdoor recreation opportunities in Vermont communities by partnering with qualified organizations that focus on land conservation, land access, trail development and outdoor educational programming.
At Outdoor Gear Exchange, we believe access to and conservation of our natural landscapes is critical to the health of Vermont’s communities, many of which remain underserved and underfunded by traditional state services and educational entities. Our Charitable Grant Fund looks to provide resources to nonprofits aligned with our own vision for better outdoor access and education.
Through two annual grant cycles, the Charitable Grant Fund awards three to six organizations grants of up to $2,000. These grants are funded by customer donations through our consignment program, with Outdoor Gear Exchange then matching every dollar contributed towards our charitable giving efforts. Funds are preferentially provided for specific aspects of individual local projects.
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is committed to providing the public with high-quality, accessible outdoor recreation opportunities throughout the state. The DNR partners with communities and organizations to expand outdoor recreation via the following grant programs:
Knowles-Nelson Stewardship Local Assistance Grant Subprograms
- Aids for the Acquisition and Development of Local Parks (ADLP)
- Urban Green Space (UGS) grants
- Urban Rivers (UR) grants
- Acquisition of Development Rights (ADR)
Federal Recreation Grant Programs
- Land and Water Conservation Fund (LWCF)
- Recreational Trails Program (RTP)
At Vista Outdoor we have identified four pillars of Corporate Social Responsibility – SAFETY, ENVIRONMENT, COMMUNITY and EMPLOYEES. We have always been at the forefront of safety, both in our products and in our communities. We are proud to lead in environmental stewardship and conservation. And, with more than 4,300 employees in the U.S. and countries around the world, we know a thing or two about diverse communities and how education, development, and diversity of background and thought lead to success within our company and within our communities.
Parties submitting the proposals are encouraged to review Vista Outdoor mission and goals along with Vista Outdoor Corporate Social Responsibility practices.
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Vista’s Conservation Philosophy
- Mission & Goals
- Conservation / Education – Outdoor Recreation - Hunting & Shooting Sports
- Hunting & Shooting Sports:
- Vista Outdoor believes in and supports the National Recruitment, Retention and Reactivation Plan provided by the Council to Advance Hunting and Shooting Sports.
- Outdoor Recreation:
- Vista Outdoor believes in improving and increasing access to public lands as well as increasing participation of outdoor recreational activities.
- Community Engagement – Military - Those in Need - The Communities We Live In
Texas Parks and Wildlife Department
Recreation Grants has been assisting hundreds of communities across Texas with their outdoor recreation needs since 1965 through our grant assistance and outreach programs. From the largest metropolis to the smallest rural community these programs help to build new parks, conserve natural resources, provide access to water bodies, develop educational programs for youth, and much more. Providing grants to communities across Texas helps build access to outdoor experiences and encourages a connection with nature that is vital for promoting conservation and good environmental stewardship among Texans young and old.
Through our programs we build long-term partnerships that assist TPWD in our mission to manage and conserve the natural and cultural resources of Texas and to provide hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation opportunities for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.
Recreational Trails Grants
TPWD administers the National Recreational Trails Fund in Texas under the approval of the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA). This federally funded program receives its funding from a portion of federal gas taxes paid on fuel used in non-highway recreational vehicles.
The reimbursable grants can be up to 80% of project cost with a maximum of $200,000 for non-motorized trail grants and a maximum award of $400,000 for motorized (off-highway vehicle) trail grants.
Funds can be spent on both motorized and non-motorized recreational trail projects such as:
- the construction of new recreational trails,
- to improve existing trails,
- to develop trailheads or trailside facilities, and
- to acquire trail corridors.
Minnesota Department of Natural Resources
Outdoor Recreation Grant Program
To increase and enhance outdoor recreation facilities in local and community parks throughout the state.